No, he's just implying that he originally stole a TARDIS and ran away for some reason, not that it's for the same reason.
Here's the actual text:
- TEGAN: It'll soon be goodbye, then.
- 5th DOCTOR: Will it?
- TURLOUGH: Well, you're off to Gallifrey to be President. I suppose your Time Lord subjects will find a TARDIS that really works and get us both home?
- 5th DOCTOR: Who said anything about Gallifrey?
- TURLOUGH: You told Chancellor Flavia...
- 5th DOCTOR: I told her she had full deputy powers until I returned.
- TEGAN: You're not going back?
- 5th DOCTOR: You know, sometimes, Tegan, you take my breath away!
- TURLOUGH: Won't the Time Lords be very angry?
- 5th DOCTOR: Furious!
- TEGAN: You mean you're deliberately choosing to go on the run from your own people in a rackety old TARDIS?
- 5th DOCTOR: Why not? After all, that's how it all started.