- The First Doctor sang rather-out-of-tune on the planet Aridius in "The Chase".
- The Second Doctor sang "Who Unto Rassilon's Tower Must Go" in "The Five Doctors".
- The Third Doctor sang in the shower in "Spearhead from Space". In "Doctor Who and the Silurians", he sang "Jabberwocky" (from Lewis Carrol's Through the Looking Glass) while working on Bessie, his yellow car, and sang "Shine on Martian Moons" while working on her in "Inferno". He also sang a lullaby to tame a beast in "The Curse of Peladon" and "The Monster of Peladon".
- The Fifth Doctor sang in the bath in "Black Orchid". The song was "I Want to Be Happy" from No, No, Nanette -- a musical first performed in the year the story was set.
- The sixth Doctor started to serenade his companion with some opera at one point at the conclusion of one of their adventures. He also sang multiple times in the musical story "Doctor Who and the Pirates" (Big Finish audio story).
- The Seventh Doctor sang part of "As Time Goes By" in "The Happiness Patrol".
- The Tenth sang a bit of My Fair Lady's "I Could Have Danced All Night" while drunk on banana daiquiris in "The Girl in the Fireplace".
- The Eleventh Doctor sang in the shower in "The Lodger". He has also been known to sing in "Death Riders" (BBC New Series Adventures novel) and "Planet Bollywood" (Doctor Who Magazine comic story).