On screen, the Tenth Doctor engages in romance with the following characters:
- Rose Tyler (implied only)
- Madame de Pompadour ("The Girl in the Fireplace")
- Joan Redfern ("Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood" (in his John Smith identity)
- Queen Elizabeth I ("The Day of the Doctor", and referenced in others)
- Astrid Peth ("Voyage of the Damned")
Other characters have shown attraction to the Tenth Doctor - most notably Martha Jones, Jack Harkness and Lady Christina da Souza ("Planet of the Dead") but this has been one-sided. Sarah Jane Smith does not count as she references in "School Reunion" having fallen in love with the Fourth Doctor. River Song ("Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead") does not count as her romance was with the Eleventh Doctor.